sábado, 3 de diciembre de 2011

FIL

Today, hubby, baby and I went to the "FIL" (Feria Internacional del Libro) which in English means International Book Fair.

I've been wanting to get Caleb some baby books for a while and I couldn't wait for it to be THAT time of the year! The fair has been coming to Guadalajara, Jalisco México every year since 1987. It starts the last saturday of November, and goes on for 9 days. It is a HUGE event and welcomes people, editorials, publishing houses, authors etc from all over the world.

Anyway, we got him a few really good baby books, to start out with to get him interested in the colors and textures. Also a Christmas book (which I absolutely loved, because Christmas is my very favorite time of the year), and some books for my husband and myself.
We also got Caleb his very first Baby Bible. =) It's a little book with some key verses with their illustrations. Basically so he can get into the storytelling part of the Bible, and then me and my husband will tell him more.
I really wanted to get him this so he starts hearing about the Bible from an early age. And it'll be perfect for him for the first few years of his life. We plan on reading to him every night, and praying with him afterwards. And once he's older, begin with the storytelling.  I'm very excited about this. =)

You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
(Deuteronomy 6:7 ESV)

Only take care, and keep your soul diligently, lest you forget the things that your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. Make them known to your children and your children’s children– (Deuteronomy 4:9 ESV)


Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.  (Joshua 1:8 NIV)

Cry-it-out Update:
So, on my last post (thursday) we had put Caleb down and when I published the post, he hadn't cried or made any sound at all. Well, he stayed like that until 8AM the next morning!! I was in utter shock.

Friday though, it seemed we had taken a step back, because we put him down, he fell asleep immediately, then half an hour later he woke up crying. =( He cried for an hour and fifteen minutes, then fell back asleep. Woke up at 3AM for his bottle (we again gave him tea) and then slept until 8AM this morning.

Tonight, we put him down, he cried for 45 minutes then fell asleep.
We'll see how tonight goes...

Anyway, as always, I'm so thankful for:
My husband and son. They make me SO happy every single day. They are, without a doubt, the best part of my life.
That Caleb has been crying less every night. So proud of my little guy. He's so good. =)

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario