One week ago today, I changed jobs.
No longer will I be going to an office in high heels, doing my hair, or make-up, wearing my pretty office clothes.
No more will I be receiving phone calls from vendors, or receiving pay checks, getting payed vacation days or sick days.
No more will I stress over purchase orders or overdue dates. My days are no longer from 8AM to 5:30PM Monday through friday, but my shifts are now 24 hours long, 7 days a weeks. No days off.
My new job, consists of changing diapers, giving bottles, wiping away tears. Cleaning up baby food messes and making lunch /dinner for my small family.
My boss doesn't thank me for a job well done, and even screams at me when his food isn't made on time or if he's bored or tired.
But I am happier than I have ever been, or ever could be at any other job.
My rewards are not paychecks, but smiles, giggles and baby babble. My reward is seeing Caleb grow up, into what I hope, becomes an educated and polite young man. And even if he doesn't, my heart will love him more than anything.
I am blessed. This I know. I am so thankful for this opportunity to be at home with my baby boy.
Thank you Lord, for my husband, who understood my desire to be at home, and for providing always for our family.
No hay comentarios.:
Publicar un comentario