martes, 22 de noviembre de 2011

Five Months

Five months ago today, my son Caleb was born at 9:41AM weighing in at 3.610Kg (7.95Lbs)  50cm (19.68in). HUGE, healthy, perfect, and REALLY mad.

I will forever remember that day. I was so nervous. I remember laying in the O.R. shaking uncontrollably, the anesthesiologist was trying to make conversation with me, and I wasn't even paying attention. All I could think of was: I'm about to be a mom.
I couldn't believe it.
I couldn't believe how blessed I was for the oportunity to be a Mother. To grow within my body a little person. I had seen my tummy grow and grow for 9 months, I had felt his kicks and hiccups, but it was so surreal. I couldn't believe a baby was going to come out!!
I was amazed at my body, but so much more so, of God. Of His perfect creations. The miracle of life.
The love of my husband and myself, made flesh and blood.
And the responsability! Oh, the responsability. It was so frightening. Could I do it? Would I mess up? Would I mess HIM up??

I remember the doctor saying "he's coming!"
I was like: "NOW?? Already??"
I remember hearing Caleb's muffled cries, still inside me, as they were cleaning out his mouth.
It was then that I started crying.
The moment that I had waited my entire life for, was here.
I had a baby. I was a Mother.

He was so mad. He screamed and screamed. Poor thing.
When they finally brought him to me, the first thing I noticed was his full head of black hair, and his chubby chubby cheeks.
I spoke to him. And he calmed down. It was the most BEAUTIFUL moment of my entire life.

I remember also, when they brought him to our room, holding him, talking to him. I remember his cheeks were SO soft, that even when touching them, you couldn't feel them. They were like air.

Every day has been amazing. Some harder than others, but I wouldn't change anything. Not one thing. Every moment has taught me something more about my son. About his likes, and dislikes, what he needs, what he wants.
I always heard people say they could distinguish their baby's different cries. I didn't think they could have that many! But I know Caleb's cries. I know when he's hungry, when he's tired, when he's bored.
I know my son. So for all those who try and tell me what my son needs, or why my son cries, thanks, but no thanks. I got it.

Thank you Lord, for my son. Because he has filled my life with so much happiness, words could never express. Because he is a big, happy, healthy boy, full of energy and love. Thank You for these months with him. For every day of smiles, giggles, cries. Help us to be the parents he needs. Help us to love him more each day, with discipline and kindness. Help us, to lead him unto Your path so he grows to be the man You want him to be. Thank You Father.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario