jueves, 10 de noviembre de 2011

Halfway there!

So, I had my two appointments for the Visa. This is how they went:

First Appointment on Wednesday was REALLY fast. Basically just took my picture and my 10 fingerprints and I was out in 10 minutes. I wasted more time finding a parking spot (like 5 blocks away, and with 10cm. high heels that is NOT a good idea. Needless to say, my feet STILL hurt and I have blisters to show for it :-(  ) than at the actual appointment.

Second Appointment today: The interview was scheduled for 9:30AM, so I was there by 9AM. I got into the line, and like 45 minutes later, almost at the entryway, I was told I was in the wrong line. :-( So I went to the RIGHT one, and obviously I was sent to the very back. Bummer.
Anyway, I was in the line until 11:30, went in, but didn't get interviewed until almost 1PM.
The interview went really well. I was praying for the correct person whom I knew the Lord had prepared especially for me. And I was not wrong. He was really kind, and even made me laugh, which I was grateful for. He asked a lot of questions. About my immigration situation, my job, income, family etc. And in the end, told me he was accepting my passport as APPROVED, BUT since I have an immigration status pending on my record, he said that they needed to do further investigating and that in about 10 days, I'd be getting my passport back in the mail with the visa if it was approved, or without it if it was denied. BUT he also said that he didn't think that there should be any problem in approving it so... yei!!

I am so thankful to everyone that prayed for me. PLEASE continue to pray for the approval of the visa, even after their investigation. I am so happy to say that I was so calm before and during the interview. I know it was the Lord answering prayers, because I would have been a wreck if He hadn't been there with me.

I'm thankful that I have been confident in Him and Him alone. Not in myself, not in the U.S. Embassy, not in my words, or the documents I took with me. But in Him. He has not forsaken me. He has been with me every step of the way, as I know He will continue to be.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario