miércoles, 2 de noviembre de 2011

Hope, Faith, Love and Jude

For the past 2 weeks, I have been following daily a blog a friend of mine introduced me to via Facebook. The blog is basically about the trials this family went through with their baby boy who was diagnosed with Down Syndrome and a heart defect since before birth. His infinite struggles during his 67 days of life are truly heartbreaking, but the thing that keeps me going back to read their blog everyday is the amazing faith and love they have in the Lord. It is truly a beautiful thing.
I find it so uplifting that they have found so much comfort in the Lord during their suffering. I cannot for the life of me, stop reading their blog.
Reading all their experiences, has only gotten me closer to the Lord.
I have been a Christian since I was 8 years old. But never, NEVER in all my life have I felt closer to Him, more in love with Him, than I do now.
It is because of this beautiful baby boy and his family, that I have come to cherish all the more, every single day with my son, with my husband.
I find myself praying all day. Not asking God for anything. Just praying. Worshiping Him. I find myself singing for Him, in the office, in the car, in the shower. Praying with my husband, and reading and studying the bible with him.
Thank You Lord. That Jude, with his tiny tiny body, at such a young age, has touched more lives, than most of us will in a lifetime. Thank You, for the Pelton's. For sharing their story, and for loving and praising You in the midst of their suffering. Because they know that their baby boy was but a gift, lent to them by You. For Your purpose and for Your timing. Thank You, that they trust in Your promise, that death is not dying, but a mere reception for an eternity in Your presence, and that they will see him again.

If you can, check out their blog here. I have found it...beautiful.

1 comentario:

  1. I am so thankful for you, I am thankful that God put you in my life, so blessed. I thank God for allowing you to do this blog, just with 2 blogs God has allowed me to see that He is faithful.

    ResponderBorrar