Today, as I sit for the last time at my desk, seeing it empty as I have taken down all the pictures of my family, my friends; taken down my beautiful Butterfly 1903 Calender, put away my coffee mug and cleaned out my computer... I think of how fast time passes and how much things change over the course of the years. I worked at Almex for four years and four months. When I started, I was single. Now I leave, married and with a beautiful baby boy. I have gained so much in this short time.
Truthfully, I am teary eyed. Change is hard sometimes. Not because I'm sad, I'm not. I'm very much looking forward to being with my son. It's just weird how my life will be so very different.
But change is normal. Change is necessary.
A friend and co-worker put it simply as seeing life as a ride on a Train. People come, sit for a while, sometimes a short while, sometimes a little longer, then get off, or simply switch wagons.
People come and go. Jobs come and go, people get married, people move away, babies arrive and people die. That's just how it goes.
Change happens.
But, as I sit here taking it all in, I realize that the ONLY constant thing in our lives is the Lord.
Psalm 139 7-10 Says:
Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your Presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; it I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, it I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.
Nothing happens to us, that He is not already aware of. No change can come, that He does not know. For all the coming and going we do, He is there. He is always there.
I find this SO reassuring.
People may leave us, they may dissapoint us, let us down, and make us feel "unworthy". Material things come and go. But He stands by our side.
Today I am so thankful for this. For my God´s constant presence in my life. That I never need to feel alone. He is always with me.
For my father. Caleb's personal babysitter for these past 4 months. He has been SUCH a HUGE help. What a blessing he has been by taking such wonderful, loving and patient care of our son.
For the past 4 years, 4 months of working at Almex. The people I met, the things I´ve learned.
For this incredible opportunity to be able to quit my job and stay at home with Caleb. I know so many women would love to have a chance like this. I understand it is such a huge blessing.
For the closing of chapters, and opening of new ones. Change is good.
For the birth of one of my best friend's daughters this morning!! Niamh MacCabe =) Welcome to this world baby girl. We love you.
Sis, as I'm reading your post Im reminded of the verse Jer 29:11 (NIV) "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
ResponderBorrarThis verse reminds me that God has you right where He needs you. I have no doubt that you are going (and are doing) to do a great job. Love you,
Karla ;)
Mi Bebesita Hermosa, la mas pequeña de mis hijas:
ResponderBorrarSoy yo el que tiene que dart las gracias, por haberme confiado a lo mas preciado y precioso de tu vida, y hago extensivo el agradecimiento a J.P., porque aunque el no dió a lúz a mi niño, al fin y al cabo creo que tuvo algo que ver en el proceso!, (JK).
Ha sido un privilegio cuidar a tan agraciada personita, fué mi compañerito durante estos últimos cuatro meses, y aunque fué "a handfull", lo volvería a hacer con los ojos cerrados y sin pensarlo dos veces, con todo el amor de mi vida, porque lo amo profundamente, como al resto de mis nietos, y porque creo que no ha habido otra personita que me haya hecho reir tanto y ser tan felíz en tan poco tiempo, como mi niño hermoso.
Se que lo vas a cuidar 100 veces mejor que yo, y que harán de él, el hombrecito que Dios quiere que él sea. Éxodo 13:2 "Conságrame todo primogénito. Cualquiera que abre matríz entre los hijos de Israel, así de los hombres como de los animales, mío es".
Se, que durante el poco o mucho tiempo que Dios me dé de vida, seguiré viéndolo y amándolo, y sigo esperando, que este viejo llegue a ser el abuelo consentido, aunque desafortunadísimamente, su otro abuelito no lo pueda disfrutar, ni mi niño a él.
Felicidades por la desición que tomaron para que mi Calebsito crezca de la mano de su madre, y se que esta nueva etapa de sus vidas, va a estar bendecida por Dios, así como cualquier otra etapa que comiencen.
Los Amo.