miércoles, 2 de noviembre de 2011

Getting Started

For a while now, I've been wanting to write a blog, but my nerves got the best of me. I was scared. Scared of boring myself, of boring you, of not knowing what to write.
I finally decided to go for it.
I chose the name "Thankful", simply because I have so many reasons to be, well, thankful. Like we all do, don't we? However, I think many times, our everyday lives, our routines and the fact that we get so caught up in our stuff and in our whims, that we forget to thank the Lord for the simple, wonderful things in life He gives us.
In 28 days, my life will change dramatically. After 8 years of working full time, I will become a full time stay at home mom and housewife.
On one hand it was an easy decision to make because it's so that I can be full time with my 4 month old son. Which for me is the most important thing in the world right now. To see him grow, learn and to enjoy him while he is still so tiny (in age, because he is HUGE in size. :-)  )
On the other hand, it was a difficult decision because, well, I was afraid of having an ordinary, routine oriented life.
To (help) avoid that, I've started my blog.
In it, I wish to jot down all my wonderful, and not-so-wonderful experiences as a mom and housewife. Wich, I'm sure, will be a huge adventure. Also, I want to list frequently (probably not everyday because I'm not sure a certain 4 month old baby boy will let me) the things I am so thankful for.

Today, in between SO many things I'm thankful for are:

*YOU! Yes, you! Thank you for reading my humble little blog.
*Today's technology that makes this possible. Crazy, isn't it?
*For courage to get it started!

God is so good.

3 comentarios: