martes, 8 de noviembre de 2011

Prayers

Tonight I ask for prayer.

To some people it may not seem like a big deal, and comparing it to other things, it probably isn't. But for me, it is so much more than you can imagine.
I was born in Mexico, but when I was 5 years old, my family moved to White Bear Lake, Minnesota USA.
I lived there for 10 years until I came back the summer just before ninth grade started.
The story is long, and I don't want to bore you with the details, but the thing is, that since we came back, I have not been approved for the renovation of my Visa.
I hadn't gotten the courage to interview for it until 2007, which in the end, they denied me of it. I admit, I was a little heartbroken.
You see, three of my sisters still live in the U.S. with their families. And the idea of being able to visit them, to visit the place where I grew up, where I went to school, my childhood friends; being able to take my husband and show him rather than simply tell him about such a beautiful past; the IDEA of having a white christmas again, or a Thanksgiving... makes me a little teary eyed. :-)
I would LOVE to be able to take my son to the place Mommy grew up. Take him to Disneyland, and visit his cousins.
Words cannot tell you how much I want this.

Tomorrow at 5 p.m. I have my first of two interviews to see if they grant me the Visa. The second and final interview is Thursday November 10th at 9:30AM. Please pray for everything to go smoothly and for them to grant me the Visa, no questions asked. Please pray for me, for peace of mind and heart so I don't get too nervous, and especially for being able to accept the outcome. The Lord knows my heart, knows my desires, knows my motives, and I pray He will open doors and make this happen. But in the end, I am willing and ready to accept His will. Whatever that would be.

God has truly shown His faithfulness in this process.

Two saturdays ago, I renewed my passport. Something was wrong with the payment voucher the bank gave me and the "passport people" (:P) didn't want to accept it. They said it would probably be rejected, and that they'd call me if it was. If not, I could go pick it up on November 8th (today). So we prayed about it, and waited, day by day, and they did not call. So I showed up today to pick my passport up, and it was ready! No questions asked. Sorry bank people that I got kind of mad.

Then came time to make the appointment for the Visa interviews. Some people had told me the interviews were being given out for January! I did NOT have that long to wait! I had to do it before the end of november at the very latest!! So again, I prayed about it, and when the time came to make the appointment, the ONLY available date was two days from today (this thursday at 9:30AM) or until the middle of December! :-)
God is so good. He is so faithful. He can move mountains.

I'm so thankful tonight for all those praying for me. I really need and appreciate it.
I'm thankful for the peace I feel in my heart. Unlike the interview in 2007!
I'm thankful to the Lord for opening doors. One by one.

I am confident, but I put my faith in the Lord alone. Not in me, not in my words, not in the US Embassy. In Him.

1 comentario: