viernes, 4 de noviembre de 2011

Single Mom

So, I'm NOT a single mother. But today, I experienced a tiny bit what the world of a single mother is like, and I have to say... I have so much more respect for them now.

My husband left (really) early this morning on a business trip, and won't be back until late saturday night or early sunday morning. So it was just me and Caleb!!
We had never spent this much time alone, me and my son. And though I'm enjoying it soooo much, I gotta say, it's tiring!!

From bathing myself as fast as possible while he was napping, making and eating my own breakfast while entertaining the little one, to washing and sterilizing his bottles, getting him ready to go out, packing up the car, then hauling by myself my very heavy child in his car seat, along with his very heavy diaper bag, and my very heavy purse. My arms, and my back ache!!
Then started the adventurous trip to my parents' house to go see how Grandpa Ed was doing, then finding out they weren't home, then hauling everything back into the car.
I then decided to go to Caleb's Great Grandmother's house for lunch. When it was time for Caleb's next feeding, oh gi-normous surprise: Mommy forgot to pack the bottles! :-(
So Mommy RAN to pack everything (and everyone) back into the car, go home, give Caleb his bottle then go back to Grandma's house for lunch. (Extra bottles in tow, just in case). Obviously at this point I was STAR-VING! But... baby comes first!! :-)

Just as I was heading home, I remembered I had to stop at the pharmacy. So here comes Mommy, juggling baby Caleb in one arm and my wallet and groceries in the other arm. I swear, anyone watching me KNEW I was an unexperienced mother.
Anyway, here we are, safe and sound at home. I still have a whole night and another whole day to face "by myself", so let's hope there aren't any more adventures!!

I have a few friends who are really and truly, single moms. Who have no family here and no respective other and they manage everything by themselves. Work, school, errands, even having fun! And I so respect them for it! I haven't even gone 24 hours and I'm already ready for bed. It's not even 8PM yet! :-(

So, tonight I thank God sooo much for:

*My wonderful husband who is always there for us. Who works so hard and even if he's tired, we can always count on him. We split up all the house and baby chores 24/7. He truly is the best thing that's ever happened to me. I appreciate and love him so much. And I thank God he got to his destination perfectly fine, and pray he has a safe trip home. I miss you babe.
*For my wonderful family who helps us out so much too. I don't know what I would do without any of them!
*For all my friends who are single moms, and even a couple single dads, and all of those who I don't know personally. Thank God for you. For your strength and the love for your child that brings you to get up and going every day.
My hat's off to you!!

1 comentario: